I am a lecturer in the Computer and Control Systems group in the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Stellenbosch University, South Africa. I teach courses in Electrical and Electronic Engineering at both undergraduate and postgraduate level. My research field is autonomous vehicles, where I focus on autonomous navigation.
I form part of the Electronic Systems Laboratory (ESL) at Stellenbosch University, which consists of postgraduate engineering students, engineers and lecturers that do research on autonomous vehicles (including unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), autonomous terrestrial vehicles and autonomous underwater vehicles (AUVs) ) and satellite systems.
- BEng (Electrical and Electronic Engineering), Stellenbosch University, 2001
- MScEng (Electronic Engineering), Stellenbosch University, 2006
- Power Systems Engineer, Eskom Distribution, Brackenfell, 2004-2007
- PhD (Electronic Engineering), Stellenbosch University, 2010
- Lecturer, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Stellenbosch University, 2010-present